4 Reasons to Honeymoon in Greece
When looking for the idyllic honeymoon destination, most people look for a few, specific things, including:
- A tropical paradise
- A place steeped in history, which lends itself to romance and adventure
- Exposure to unique and exquisite food that’s renowned around the world
Often times, couples are forced to compromise and choose, for example, a tropical location that doesn’t offer too much in the way of history. But there is no reason to compromise when choosing your perfect honeymoon destination. Greece offers everything newlyweds yearn for to celebrate their union, and all within the confines of a country and its isles.
When determining the reasons why Greece is the perfect honeymoon destination, you need not look any further than the cities and islands that make up this remarkable country. Here are 4 reasons (and destinations) why Greece is the perfect place to create your memorable honeymoon.
#1 – Athens
As the largest city in Greece, Athens certainly gets its fair share of attention. But as one of the world’s oldest cities (with a recorded history spanning nearly 3,500 years) there is an abundance of rich culture and history within the city limits, including:
- The Parthenon / Acropolis
- The New Acropolis Museum
- Monastiraki Flea Market
- The Plaka District
Yet while there’s no end to adventurous and romantic opportunities in Athens, it’s important that you find the right place to call home while in the city. For the ultimate honeymoon experience, we suggest you choose either:
- Hotel Grande Bretagne, A Luxury Collection Hotel – The Hotel Grande Bretagne is walking distance to the Acropolis, and offers guests a unique Athens experience, including access to 3 distinctive restaurants, swimming pools and the multi-award winning GB Spa. Book your trip with us to enjoy added benefits including a three-course set menu for lunch for two once per stay, daily breakfast for two, and an upgrade if available at the time of check in. For added luxury, be sure to book a Grand Deluxe Suite that includes butler service and outstanding views of the Acropolis.
- King George, A Luxury Collection Hotel – With a rich history dating back to the 1930s, the King George has hosted legendary guests and events. The 9th-floor Penthouse Suite which occupies the entire floor, has its own infinity pool overlooking the Acropolis. Guests who book with us will enjoy Virtuoso benefits, including lunch for two at the Tudor Hall Restaurant once per stay, daily breakfast for two, and an upgrade if available at the time of check in.
#2 – Mykonos
Mykonos is one of the most well-known Greek islands thanks to the vibrant nightlife. The beauty of the beaches, the variety of Greek and international cuisine and the traditional Cycladic architecture and landscape make it perfect for honeymooners. There is so much to see and do on Mykonos, including:
- Little Venice – Mikri Venetia (or Little Venice) is a sight to behold. Rows of fishing houses line the waterfront, with balconies reaching out above the sea. Considered one of the most romantic spots on the island, Little Venice is a must-see for any couple.
- The Archaeological Site and Museum of Delos – Delos is among the most important archaeological sites in Greece and a UNESCO world heritage site.
We suggest our honeymooners stay at Santa Marina, A Luxury Collection Hotel.
Santa Marina is located just a few minutes away from Mykonos town on a secluded peninsula. This beautiful, romantic resort offers its guests the only private beach on the island, state-of-the-art restaurants, and majestic sea views. Book your trip with us and enjoy exclusive benefits, including a $100 value resort credit, daily breakfast for two, and an upgrade if available at the time of check in.
#3 – Santorini
Santorini is truly unique not only for Greece but for the entire world. This iconic destination is most known for its breathtaking views of the red and brown layers of volcanic ash that make up its famous cliffs. In fact everything seems to be perched on these cliffs from its many boutique luxury hotels to its fabulous restaurants. It’s no surprise that is consistently shows up on the top 10 lists of the most romantic vacation spots in the world.
Santorini offers so much for honeymooners including:
- Private Sunset Cruise: Charter a private sailing or motor yacht and cruise along the Caldera and Thirassia. Enjoy the unique sunset of Santorini in total privacy.
- Wine Tour: Visit one of the many wineries located in Pyrgos. Learn about the island’s wine production history and be amazed by the quality of wines that the volcanic soil can produce.
When planning your trip to Santorini, we suggest you book your honeymoon at either of these locations:
- Vedema, A Luxury Collection Resort – Two words capture the essence of Vedema: Unspoiled Beauty.The resort’s 45 villas are set around a 15th-century winery, or you can choose to stay in a chic minimalist pool suite. In the evening, guests can experience Alati Restaurant located inside the old winery cave. The spa is sublime, offering everything from hot-stone massages to herbal salt-glow treatments. Book your trip with us and enjoy wine and fruit upon arrival, a $100 value food and beverage credit, daily breakfast for two, and an upgrade if available at the time of check in.
- Mystique, A Luxury Collection Resort – Offering a truly sensual experience, guests can choose from several different suite and villa categories. Enjoy private meals, twice-daily maid service, and sea-facing terraces, several with private plunge pools, as you soak in the Santorini sun at Mystique. Guests can enjoy the Secret Wine Cave, as well as the new ASEA Japanese Restaurant. We encourage honeymooners to book a stand-alone villa for ultimate privacy. Book through us to enjoy a Welcome bottle of liquor and traditional sweets and a complimentary wine tasting for two including a bottle of Santorini wine, daily breakfast for two, and an upgrade if available at the time of check in.
#4 – Elounda
Elounda is one of Greece’s most exclusive summer destinations and is located on the island of Crete, the largest of the Greek Islands. The outstanding natural beauty of Elounda Bay and the first-class accommodations make Elounda a top honeymoon destination.
Read The Island by Victoria Hislop, then take a private excursion to the famous island, Spinalonga, to discover its true history and beauty.
When you honeymoon in Crete, we encourage you to consider Blue Palace, A Luxury Collection Resort. This truly romantic resort features more than 140 private pools, sea views, award-winning cuisine and the state-of-the-art Elounda Spa and Thalassotherapy pool. Blue Palace is a wonderful combination of luxury and elegance.
Book your trip through us and you’ll enjoy added, exclusive benefits throughout your stay, including Euro80 resort credit, daily breakfast for two, and an upgrade if available at the time of check in.
Make the Most of Your Honeymoon in Greece with Travel With Stephanie
Greece and its isles offer an overwhelming amount of culture, cuisine and romance, making it the perfect setting for your honeymoon.
Travel With Stephanie has unique firsthand experience customizing luxury honeymoon vacations for travelers looking to soak in all that Greece has to offer. Learn more by contacting us today!